RPS Cardiff is part of the Department of Medical Physics at the Velindre Cancer Centre in Cardiff, which is part of the Velindre NHS Trust.
Advice and information can be provided on all aspects of ionising radiation safety and the current UK regulations governing its use (IRR99, IRMER, RSA, etc). We can act as an independent consultant or can be appointed to act as your Radiation Protection Adviser and/or Medical Physics Expert in accordance with the provisions of the legislation. Matters on which advice can be given include:
- Drafting of Local Rules and Systems of Work.
- Design, shielding and layout for rooms siting equipment that emits ionising radiation.
- Siting and transport of radioactive materials.
- Radioactive waste disposal procedures.
- Hazard assessment and contingency planning.
- Investigation of radiation incidents.
- Use of Personnel dosimetry and associated record keeping.
- Radiation Protection Supervisor selection and training.
- Measurement and optimization of patient dose.
- Quality assurance procedures in diagnostic radiology.
- Selection, test and calibration of radiation protection instrumentation.
Our current customer base consists of:
- NHS Trusts and Health Boards in Wales
- Private Healthcare providers
- Dental Practices
- Veterinary Practices
To receive a quote, please Contact Us