Our contact details
Name: Radiation Protection Service Cardiff
Address: RPS Cardiff, Velindre Hospital, Whitchurch, Cardiff. CF14 2TL.
Phone Number: 02920 316268
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
• Full name of person to be monitored.
• Name of person requesting monitoring.
• Email of person requesting monitoring.
Why we require your personal information
• We use the information that you have given us in order to assist your employer in fulfilling their obligations under the Ionising Radiations Regulations 2017 (IRR17).
How we store your personal information
Personal identifiable information is protected from unauthorised access and disclosure. Your information is securely stored by Velindre University NHS Trust according to the All Wales Information Governance Policy Framework and maintained by the NHS Wales Informatics Service (NWIS).
We keep your name and results of dose monitoring on file for a period of 2 years. We will then dispose of your information in accordance with NWIS guidelines.
NWIS follows the security guidance and best practice published by the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC).
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
• Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
• Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
• Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
• You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at the address below if you wish to make a request.
How to make a request or complaint
To exercise all relevant rights or should you have any objections or queries relating to how your personal data is being processed by Velindre University NHS Trust, please contact our Data Protection Officer at :
Velindre University NHS Trust,
Unit 2 Charnwood Court,
Alternatively you can email: VNHSTInformationGovernance@wales.nhs.uk
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues, or if you should ever be dissatisfied with the way Velindre University NHS Trust has handled or shared your personal data you can contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) at:
Information Commissioner’s Office,
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745
Fax: 01625 524510
ICO Website: www.ico.org.uk
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113